DHX Media and BBC Children’s Productions continue “Creeped Out” season two
HALIFAX – DHX Media, leading global children’s content and brands company, and its co-production partner BBC Children’s Productions, have received a 10-episode order from CBBC in the UK and Family Channel in Canada for season two of the kids’ live action anthology series Creeped Out.
Production on the collection of spooky tales begins this summer, with the first five episodes to be shot in Toronto in mid-August, followed by five episodes to be filmed in the North West of England. The series’ first season, which premiered on CBBC last October and debuts on Family Channel this fall, has also been picked up by Netflix worldwide (excluding the UK and Canada) for streaming this October.
DHX Media President Josh Scherba said: “Kids love season one of Creeped Out, and we’re excited to continue our work with BBC Children’s Productions to keep the chills coming,”. “When done right, spooky anthologies like this have universal appeal, and we know that for season two, the talented writing and production teams in the UK and Canada have some truly hair-raising tales to share with fans around the world.”
Creeped Out is an original drama anthology series that combines sci-fi, horror, adventure, suspense, fantasy and mystery. Each story is introduced by “The Curious,” a mysterious, masked story collector who appears at the beginning and end of each episode.
“These creepy moral tales of the unexplained and unexpected are told uniquely from a kid’s perspective, and we’re thrilled that The Curious has rounded up another batch to thrill and chill,” said Helen Bullough, Head of BBC Children’s Productions.
“The format allows the talented creators, writers and production teams to tell an astonishing array of stories, ranging this time from a spooky whodunit told backwards to a smart house that takes revenge on its lazy inhabitants, and a seasonal special about a group of kids who are accidentally locked in a toy store at Christmas and encounter a very unusual Santa.”
Commissioned by Family Channel and CBBC, Creeped Out is a Canada-UK co-production between DHX Media and BBC Children’s Productions. The series is created and executive produced by Bede Blake (The Evermoor Chronicles, Hank Zipzer) and Robert Butler (Eastenders, Hollyoaks).
Executive producers for DHX Media are Josh Scherba and Anne Loi, and the executive producer for BBC Children’s Productions is Spencer Campbell. International distribution for Creeped Out is handled by DHX Media.
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 178 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- Media Prima Berhad experiences rapid digital audience growth using Grabyo 100 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner 72 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- TechStorm to launch inaugural Asian original content time belt in June 42 views | posted on May 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020