LONDON – FremantleMedia International will be remastering the long-running hit TV series Baywatch. Originally filmed in 35mm and called “the most beautiful show on television”, Baywatch will now be available in High Definition, upscaled to 16:9 cinematic widescreen.
In addition, 350 original songs have been created to score the iconic Baywatch montages. For the first time, the remastered version of Baywatch will also be fully cleared for streaming services.
First airing in 1989, Baywatch broadcast into over 200 different countries, was translated into 48 languages, reached an estimated audience of 1 billion viewers worldwide according to TV Guide, and was awarded a Guinness World Record for having the largest global TV audience in history.
Baywatch follows a group of elite lifeguards on the pristine beaches of Malibu, Southern California, as they save lives and uplift the community around them. Described by Entertainment Weekly as “the most popular show in the history of the planet”, Baywatch spawned a legion of international stars including David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson, Jason Momoa, Carmen Electra, Gena Lee Nolan and Yasmine Bleeth.
Bob McCourt, Chief Operating Officer, FremantleMedia International, said: “There are not many parts of the world that are unfamiliar with Baywatch. The series has always been hugely popular and often gained the number one rated slots globally. It has taken 10 months to complete this remastering process and the series looks and sounds better than ever. The characters we all know and love are being revived for a new generation and we’re looking forward to presenting the newly remastered version of this classic drama to buyers globally.”
Baywatch is produced by FremantleMedia North America and is distributed worldwide by FremantleMedia International. The original creators and executive producers of Baywatch, Michael Berk, Greg Bonann and Doug Schwartz have personally overseen the remastering of their classic series.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 8,905 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 59 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Indonesia’s pride, Viu Shorts! is back with 16 short films by Indonesian students 49 views | posted on July 28, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 48 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020