LONDON – FremantleMedia International will be remastering the long-running hit TV series Baywatch. Originally filmed in 35mm and called “the most beautiful show on television”, Baywatch will now be available in High Definition, upscaled to 16:9 cinematic widescreen.
In addition, 350 original songs have been created to score the iconic Baywatch montages. For the first time, the remastered version of Baywatch will also be fully cleared for streaming services.
First airing in 1989, Baywatch broadcast into over 200 different countries, was translated into 48 languages, reached an estimated audience of 1 billion viewers worldwide according to TV Guide, and was awarded a Guinness World Record for having the largest global TV audience in history.
Baywatch follows a group of elite lifeguards on the pristine beaches of Malibu, Southern California, as they save lives and uplift the community around them. Described by Entertainment Weekly as “the most popular show in the history of the planet”, Baywatch spawned a legion of international stars including David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson, Jason Momoa, Carmen Electra, Gena Lee Nolan and Yasmine Bleeth.
Bob McCourt, Chief Operating Officer, FremantleMedia International, said: “There are not many parts of the world that are unfamiliar with Baywatch. The series has always been hugely popular and often gained the number one rated slots globally. It has taken 10 months to complete this remastering process and the series looks and sounds better than ever. The characters we all know and love are being revived for a new generation and we’re looking forward to presenting the newly remastered version of this classic drama to buyers globally.”
Baywatch is produced by FremantleMedia North America and is distributed worldwide by FremantleMedia International. The original creators and executive producers of Baywatch, Michael Berk, Greg Bonann and Doug Schwartz have personally overseen the remastering of their classic series.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 309 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 51 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 44 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 39 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020