CJ ENM unveils dates and locations for 2018 Mnet Asian Music Awards
SEOUL – Asia’s leading entertainment and merchandising company CJ ENM has announced dates and locations for its flagship global music festival, the 2018 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA). 2018 MAMA will span across three different locations in Asia – Korea, Japan, and Hong Kong from December 10 to 14.
MAMA Week, a one-week tour to celebrate music culminating the biggest nights in Asian music, will begin in Korea (venue to be announced) on December 10, Japan at Saitama Super Arena on December 12 and make its final stop in Hong Kong at AsiaWorld-Expo Arena on December 14.
Starting last year, MAMA expanded from a previously one-day event into a weeklong event known as MAMA Week, that spans three Asian countries to promote exchanges between different Asian music markets. This year, 2018 MAMA will also be held in three hub regions: Korea, Japan and Hong Kong, in addition to the Professional Categories which invites renowned music icons, industry leaders, and insiders contributing to the development of the global music industry to come together.
“Over the years, MAMA has emerged into one of Asia’s most prominent global music festivals, where international artists, industry leaders, icons across countries come together. Each year, we are heavily invested to set new standards to bring the most innovative productions and mega-scale performances. We will continue to strive to establish MAMA as an iconic global music festival, acknowledged by music fans, artists, and leaders in the music industry,” said CJ ENM’s Head of Music Content Unit, Shin Hyung-kwan.
Last year, over 100 world famous artists, producers, and teams across Asia joined to celebrate 2017 MAMA, including teams from Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand, solidifying MAMA’s presence as Asia’s most influential music festival and adhering to the theme of “co-existence”. Global fans also joined the festivities, as 2017 MAMA was simultaneously broadcasted in 14 different countries across Asia, Europe, North America, Africa, and Oceania.
The Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) are Asia’s biggest music awards, acclaimed by fans around the world for its advanced stage production and mega-scale performances. The festival, organized by CJ ENM, has also been instrumental in introducing the latest K-Pop trends and Korea’s high-end production system to global audience.
MAMA’s origin traces back to 1999, then known as the Mnet KM Music Festival (MKMF), which led to the growth of the Korean music industry. In 2009, MKMF was renamed the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), and in 2010, its Asian tour was launched in Macau, followed by 2011 MAMA in Singapore. MAMA has been held in Hong Kong since 2012, highlighting the event’s pan-Asian popularity. 2017 MAMA was first to be held at three different locations, Vietnam, Japan, and Hong Kong. MAMA has now grown to be an exchange ground for fans and artists in the global music industry.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 283 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Los Angeles-based Organic Media Group, Taipei’s Creative Century Entertainment delivers two new series 175 views | posted on October 14, 2020
- Yellow, Black and White to premiere ‘Sherlock: The Russian Chronicles’ at MIPCOM 2020 70 views | posted on October 15, 2020
- Euronews launches on Singapore operator StarHub 60 views | posted on October 15, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020