Arista and Nevion partner to provide media network solutions
OSLO – Nevion, award-winning provider of virtualised media production solutions, has announced a partnership with Arista Networks to provide media networks solutions for the broadcasting industry.
Arista and Nevion have developed a joint solution that features a close integration of Nevion’s orchestration and SDN control, VideoIPath, with Arista’s Extensible Operating System (EOS), which will be demonstrated at Arista’s booth at IBC2018 in Amsterdam, from 13 to 18 September.
The partnership also allows Nevion to act as a reseller of Arista software driven cloud networking solutions.
Andy Rayner, Chief Technologist at Nevion explained: “The broadcast industry is experiencing the coming together of broadcast-specific requirements and standard IP networking technology. In particular, live-production needs a very low latency, 100% reliable, high-bandwidth transport of video, audio and data signals across both LANs and WANs. Our joint solution delivers on this.”
As part of the partnership, Nevion’s award winning VideoIPath SDN control has been extended to include support for Arista’s EOS OpenConfig API. This allows VideoIPath to create deterministic connections across IP local and wide area networks, including the redundant paths, as well as to manage bandwidth – ensuring the performance required in live video broadcasting.
VideoIPath also controls Nevion’s software-defined media nodes, Virtuosos, which provide the special broadcast media transport and processing capabilities of the overall joint solution.
Ed Chapman, VP of Business Development at Arista concluded: “The combination of Nevion media orchestration and Arista’s EOS media and entertainment specific APIs delivers the control, reliability and scalability required for today’s high definition/4k broadcast networks.”
Find out more about Nevion at IBC2018: https://nevion.com/news/events/ibc-2018/
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,209 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 92 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 77 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 73 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020