DUBLIN/LOS ANGELES/TORONTO – QYOU Media has extended the reach of its Heads Up Daily (HUD) format by introducing HeadsUpDailyTV on IGTV, Instagram’s TV platform launched in June 2018.
IGTV aims to deliver long-form formats optimized for mobile viewing to its user base of 1 billion. HUD’s launch on the platform dramatically bolsters its global reach, allowing millennial and Gen-Z audiences to access the best e-sports entertainment and news on-the-go wherever and whenever.
Launched last year, HUD is the destination for all things relating to e-sports and video game culture and already reaches 500,000 viewers. Each daily episode of HUD includes an exciting line-up of guests – from e-sports professionals to game developers and popular streamers on YouTube and Twitch – to discuss tournament recaps, e-sports top plays, and all of the hot topics in the world of gaming. New episodes will be available on IGTV each weekday in a vertical video format that can be easily watched from mobile devices.
E-sports has exploded in recent years and is estimated to reach an audience of 427 million globally by 2019. Popular with millennial and Gen-Z audiences, under-35s make up 73 percent of all global e-sports fans. The new HeadsUpDailyTV channel launches ahead of the largest global e-sports tournament, the International Dota 2 Championships, which takes place in August 2018.
Curt Marvis, CEO and Co-Founder of QYOU Media, commented: “E-sports is a growing phenomenon and one that HUD has a leading edge on as one of the major sources of entertainment and news surrounding the players and tournaments. HUD is most popular with younger, mobile-first audiences and therefore bringing the format to channels like IGTV is crucial to expanding the audience reach. Instagram just hit 1 billion active users this month, providing huge potential to grow the HUD audience and drive sponsorship opportunities in the future.”
HUD is licensed to World Poker Tour (WPT) Distribution USA and is also available on Super Channel’s GINX E-sports TV Canada.
QYOU Media is a fast-growing global media company that curates and packages premium ‘best-of-the-web’ video for multiscreen distribution. Founded and created by industry veterans from Lionsgate, MTV, and CinemaNow, QYOU’s millennial-focused products including linear television networks, genre-based series, mobile apps, and video-on-demand formats reach millions of customers on six continents. Distribution partners include Sinclair Broadcast Group, Vodafone, 21st Century Fox, Liberty Global, Showmax, iflix, SuperChannel and TATA Sky.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 54 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 29 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020