MUMBAI – Netflix is set to launch its first Indian original horror series, titled Ghoul, this summer. All three episodes will be available at the same time to over 125 million Netflix members in 190 countries, including India, on August 24.
Ghoul, produced in partnership with Phantom Films, Ivanhoe and Blumhouse, stars Radhika Apte and Manav Kaul. This is Netflix’s first venture into the horror genre in India.
From the makers of Insidious, Get Out and Udta Punjab, Ghoul is a chilling series about a prisoner who arrives at a remote military interrogation centre and turns the tables on his interrogators, exposing their most shameful secrets. You can fight the demons of this world but what about the ones that aren’t?
The official Netflix page for Ghoul is www.netflix.com/ghoul.
Simran Sethi, Director, International Originals, said: “Ghoul is a thrilling horror series, both frightening and insightful. Its high production value, a chilling performance from Radhika Apte, and quality writing are sure to scare Indian and global audiences alike.”
Jason Blum (Paranormal Activity, Insidious, Get Out), Blumhouse, said: “It has been a great experience working closely with Netflix and our partners at Phantom and Ivanhoe to produce Ghoul. This is Blumhouse’s first foray into the horror genre in India and we’re excited to share this project with horror enthusiasts around the world.”
Vikramaditya Motwane, Phantom Films, said: “Ghoul is a first in class, edge-of-your-seat horror series – that we are incredibly proud of. This is our second collaboration with Netflix after Sacred Games and yet another strong example of commitment towards high quality content. We are extremely proud of Ghoul and cannot wait for audiences around the world to experience an elevated horror narrative from India.”
Kilian Kerwin, Ivanhoe Pictures, said: “Ghoul has been a collaborative effort to tell a story that is rooted in India, in a manner that will appeal to audiences around the world. Our goal is to create incredible entertainment that speaks to audiences from diverse cultures, and we’re very proud of this series, which is sure to be a must-watch in the horror genre globally.”
Watch the trailer for the series here:
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020