LOS ANGELES/AMSTERDAM/ISTANBUL – CBS Studios International and Turkey’s largest digital pay TV platform Digiturk have announced a new, exclusive, multi-platform, multi-series content licensing agreement.
As part of the agreement, Digiturk’s portfolio of entertainment channels will exclusively broadcast the entire slate of new series from CBS Studios International, including programming created for the CBS Television Network, The CW and the acclaimed U.S. premium cable network Showtime.
New series that will be available to Digiturk subscribers include the Dick Wolf-produced drama FBI; CBS comedies Happy Together and Neighborhood; The CW’s Charmed reboot; the Showtime limited series, Escape at Dannemora; and A Million Little Things, which has been created for the ABC Network.
“This is a significant agreement in an important market with a major multi-platform provider,” said Armando Nuñez, President and Chief Executive Officer, CBS Studios International. “The depth and breadth of our new slate of programming gives broadcasters like Digiturk the opportunity to grow subscriptions and audiences across all its platforms.”
“As the leading pay TV platform and the pioneer of the sector in Turkey, we’re very pleased to sign this significant licensing agreement with world-renowned CBS Studios. This deal is a continuation of the wide-ranging investments we’re making worldwide to enrich our portfolio of content to offer the very best quality and most compelling entertainment to our valued subscribers,” said Yousef Al-Obaidly, Chief Executive Officer, Digiturk.
Digiturk, founded in 1999, is the leading and largest pay TV operator in Turkey. The company offers a premium mix of leading sports and entertainment content via hundreds of channels to subscribers and has an unparalleled network across the country. The company was the first to provide digital pay TV in Turkey and has the strongest content offering in the market.
Backed by its rich content and technological expertise, Digiturk is an international platform serving Turkish subscribers all around the world. Since 2016, Digiturk has been operating under the roof of the beIN Media Group, one of the world’s largest international broadcasting organisations, operating in 43 continents in 5 continents.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 26 views | posted on September 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020