BlackLine names Terry Smagh to oversee APAC growth
SINGAPORE – Cloud-based solutions provider BlackLine has announced that cloud and business software veteran Terry Smagh has joined the financial automation software provider as Senior Vice President overseeing the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region.
In this role based in Singapore, Smagh will be responsible for spearheading the company’s ongoing regional growth strategy including working with partners to accelerate customer acquisition.
Smagh comes to BlackLine with nearly 20 years of experience in financial software, business intelligence and data analytics having held senior APAC positions with leading organisations including Hyperion, IBM, Informatica and Qlik.
Most recently, Smagh was executive leader for IBM’s Asia-Pacific cloud and analytics business where he was responsible for supporting partner development and overall enterprise sales momentum in hybrid cloud software, cloud services and analytics solutions.
Prior to that, he was managing director and vice president for Asia at Qlik where he successfully developed customised enterprise sales, channel and marketing operations models across the region and accelerated new office openings in key APAC business centers.
“Terry’s deep leadership experience and proven track record helping scale organisations throughout APAC will be invaluable as we look to grow and expand in Australia, the ASEAN countries and the broader Asia region,” said Marc Huffman, chief operating officer, BlackLine.
“Terry understands the intricacies and differences across APAC cultures, business practices and economies. His astute understanding of our diverse customer base in the region will be a key differentiator as we continue to support finance and accounting professionals in their transition to a Continuous Accounting model, automating traditionally manual, labour-intensive and spreadsheet-driven account reconciliation and financial close processes.”
BlackLine currently has more than 150 customers based in the Asia-Pacific region, including Cold Storage, Coopervision, DuluxGroup, NETS, Scoot Tigerair and Tabcorp Holdings, with sales, professional services and technical support team employees based in Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore.
BlackLine is a provider of cloud-based solutions that transform Finance and Accounting (F&A) by automating, centralising and streamlining financial close operations, inter-company accounting processes and other key F&A processes for large and midsize organisations.
Designed to complement virtually all ERP and other financial systems including SAP, Oracle and NetSuite, BlackLine increases operational efficiency, real-time visibility, control and compliance to ensure end-to-end financial close management and accounting automation from within a single, unified cloud platform.
Enabling customers to move beyond outdated processes and point solutions to a Continuous Accounting model, in which real-time automation, controls and period-end tasks are embedded within day-to-day activities, BlackLine helps companies modernize accounting operations with intelligent automation, ensuring more accurate and insightful financial statements and a more efficient financial close.
More than 2,200 companies with users in approximately 150 countries around the world trust BlackLine to help ensure balance sheet integrity and confidence in their financial statements.
BlackLine was recognised by Gartner as a Leader in its 2017 Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Corporate Performance Management (FCPM) and as a pioneer in the cloud market for enhanced financial control and automation of FCPM. Based in Los Angeles, BlackLine has regional headquarters in London, Singapore and Sydney.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020