REDWOOD CITY/SINGAPORE – Singtel subsidiary Amobee, a leading global digital marketing technology company serving brands and agencies, has emerged as the winner in the court supervised auction process to acquire certain assets from Videology, a software provider for advanced TV and video advertising.
The purchase price was approximately US$101 million, subject to adjustments for accounts receivable at closing, estimated to be approximately US$20.9 million.
The acquisition, following Videology’s voluntary Chapter 11 restructuring proceedings, includes Videology’s technology platform, intellectual property and certain other assets of estimated net book value of US$5.3 million (as of 31 May 2018). This move is set to advance Amobee’s TV and digital video advertising competencies.
Over the past decade, Videology has emerged as a leading provider of software that empowers advertisers and publishers to use data to optimise campaigns and spend across digital platforms and television. The addition of Videology’s capabilities will be a further boost to Amobee’s omni-channel platform and help marketers meet growing consumer demand for premium video and connected TV content.
Mr Samba Natarajan, CEO of Singtel’s Group Digital Life said: “Our key focus has been to build up Amobee’s technological edge as we scale Amobee to become one of the world’s top leading independent digital marketing players. The strategic acquisition of Videology’s assets puts Amobee in an even stronger position to capture the global digital marketing opportunity with the convergence of TV and digital.”
Amobee’s CEO Ms Kim Perell said: “Television is the largest category of advertising spend and the industry is in the early stages of the TV and video advertising transformation. With the acquisition of Videology’s innovative technology assets, Amobee will strengthen our omni-channel capabilities and continue to bring marketers next generation solutions to reach and engage consumers on a global scale.”
Mr Scott Ferber, Founder and CEO of Videology said: “Becoming part of Amobee represents the best path forward for Videology. Amobee and Singtel share our goal of leading the transformation of TV. Amobee has established itself as a global leader in digital advertising and Videology’s TV and video capabilities are highly complementary to the Amobee platform. We anticipate the completion of the acquisition to be seamless for Videology’s valued clients and partners, providing the financial stability and strategic position to drive future growth.”
One of the world’s largest independent advertising platforms, Amobee unifies key programmatic channels – including all major social media platforms, formats and devices – to provide both managed and self-service clients with advanced data management and media planning capabilities as well as actionable, real-time market research and proprietary audience data.
The insights provided by Amobee’s comprehensive marketing technology platform empower marketers to take control of their message across the entire consumer journey. Fuelled by programmatic technology, brands and agencies can now go beyond more efficient media buys to orchestrate execution across multiple channels powered by strategic planning and applying deep, contextual insights to better reach target audiences.
Simplifying the delivery of advertising across all channels and screens – including video, display, mobile, and social – the platform includes the Amobee DSP, Amobee DMP, Brand Intelligence and DataMine analytics, which converts raw data into artificial intelligence powered custom audience and campaign insights, allowing marketers to make more informed decisions.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 131 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 114 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 101 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020