NEW YORK – CBS’ latest original drama series, Strange Angel, has launched on its All Access service in Canada. New episodes of Strange Angel’s 10-episode first season will be available on demand weekly on Thursdays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in Canada, mirroring the series’ roll-out in the US.
Strange Angel, a drama series created by Mark Heyman (Black Swan, The Skeleton Twins) and based on George Pendle’s book of the same name, is inspired by the real life story of Jack Parsons and explores the dramatic intersection between genius and madness, science and science fiction.
Played by Jack Reynor, Jack Parsons is a brilliant and ambitious blue-collar worker in 1930s Los Angeles, who works as a janitor at a chemical factory but dreams of building rockets that will take mankind to the moon.
As he helps pioneer the unknown discipline of rocket science by day, by night Parsons is pulled into a new occult religion created by Aleister Crowley, performing sex magic rituals to bend the world to his will and make his fantastical dreams a reality.
The cast of Strange Angel includes Jack Reynor, Rupert Friend, Bella Heathcote, Peter Mark Kendall, Michael Gaston, Greg Wise, Rade Šerbedžija, Zack Pearlman and Keye Chen.
Strange Angel is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Scott Free Productions. Ridley Scott, Mark Heyman, David DiGilio and David W. Zucker serve as executive producers. Clayton Krueger serves as co-executive producer, and David Lowery (A Ghost Story, Pete’s Dragon) directs and executive produces.
In addition to Strange Angel, CBS All Access original series available in Canada include season one of The Good Fight and comedy series No Activity, with more to be announced.
CBS All Access is CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service. It offers Canadian viewers more than 7,500 commercial-free episodes on demand, spanning full current seasons of select CBS series, entire previous seasons and classic shows, as well as the ability to live stream CBSN, CBS News’ 24/7 streaming news service.
CBS All Access is available in Canada at cbsallaccess.ca, on iOS and Android mobile and tablet devices, and on Apple TV, Chromecast and Roku devices. CBS All Access will be launching on other connected devices in Canada in the coming months.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 66 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020