Outdoor Channel powers on with major distribution gains
SINGAPORE – Outdoor Channel Asia has announced landmark distribution gains and launches in multiple countries. This slew of new carriage deals maintains Outdoor Channel’s momentum as Asia’s fastest growing pay-TV channel with a combined 17 million TV households and OTT users across 17 countries in Asia and the Pacific.
New audiences have opened up to Outdoor Channel through distribution agreements with Easy TV in the Philippines, Click TV in Papua New Guinea, Cookie TV in Myanmar, PEO TV in Sri Lanka and Oona TV in Indonesia.
Outdoor Channel also lands for the first time in Australia through a multimedia content agreement with Australia’s most watched television network, Seven, and their OTT platform 7Plus. Outdoor Channel branded premium original productions will initially be available on demand across 7Plus with an expanded offering to launch later in 2018.
“This expansion for us has come at a time of industry wide disruption, consolidation and slowing growth of many legacy channels. Despite all these challenges, Outdoor Channel continues to grow and cut through with a carefully curated proposition around Real, Life, Adventure,” said Gregg Creevey, Managing Director, Multi Channels Asia.
Outdoor Channel is owned and operated by Multi Channels Asia and available to a combined 17 million TV households and OTT users in Asia and more than 45 million households globally.
Dedicated to outdoor lifestyles and entertainment, Outdoor Channel is loaded with a first run and exclusive combination of action, adventure and survival programming with top personalities.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020