Nordic Entertainment Group wins rights to six major football championships
STOCKHOLM – Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has acquired the exclusive Nordic media rights to six leading international football championships. These include Germany’s Bundesliga, France’s Ligue 1, The Netherlands’ Eredivisie, Belgium’s First Division A and the Scottish Premiership until 2021, as well as the 2019 Copa América.
NENT Group will show up to 1,500 live games a season from the five leagues on its TV channels and streaming services. Football fans in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden will be able to enjoy exclusive weekly coverage of top clubs such as Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique de Marseille, Ajax and Celtic on NENT Group’s TV channels and streaming services. The European leagues in which these clubs play feature more than 30 Nordic players and attract large and growing interest across the region.
NENT Group will also show the 2019 Copa América, which starts in Brazil on 14 June 2019 with the final on 7 July 2019 at Rio de Janeiro’s legendary Maracanã stadium. The South American equivalent of the UEFA European Championship, the Copa América is set to showcase global superstars such as Lionel Messi, Neymar, Edinson Cavani and Paulo Dybala.
Anders Jensen, NENT Group President and CEO, said: “This is a fantastic and unrivalled offering of international football for our viewers. NENT Group is already the home of the most live football in the region and our coverage will now get even bigger and better. With up to 1,500 live games every season from this wide selection of European competitions, complemented by a month of the very best South American football from the Copa América next summer, NENT Group is in a league of its own.”
Kim Mikkelsen, NENT Group SVP and Head of Sport, said: “Following the best players and top teams around the world has always been a priority for Nordic football fans. Now NENT Group will add weekly coverage from five leading leagues featuring some of Europe’s biggest clubs, and more than 30 players from Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden, to our unmatched football offering.”
NENT Group currently shows more than 50,000 hours of the world’s top live sporting action every year on its TV channels and streaming services, including NHL and KHL ice hockey, UEFA Champions League, Premier League, Formula 1, NFL American football, boxing, UFC and golf.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 131 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 105 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020