Gabriel Catrina appointed new CFO of Nordic Entertainment Group
Following the announcement of MTG into two companies and the appointment of Nordic Entertainment (NENT) Group’s senior management team members, Gabriel Catrina has been appointed as EVP and Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of NENT Group with effect from 1 July.
He will be part of the now complete NENT Group leadership team and report to Anders Jensen, President and CEO of NENT Group.
Gabriel Catrina is currently MTG Chief Strategy Officer and will combine the CFO role with his previously announced position as EVP, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of M&A for NENT Group. Catrina joined MTG in September 2013, before which he was Head of the Media, Communications and Technology Practice for management consulting firm Booz & Company in the Nordic region.
Catrina has extensive experience of work in a listed company environment, managing key processes of strategic planning, budgeting, business control, as well as board processes and financial and business reporting.
“Gabriel’s proven strategic and financial planning skills, together with his passion for building businesses, will be invaluable to the Group’s future success,” said Anders Jensen.
NENT Group will comprise MTG’s current Nordic Entertainment and MTG Studios business segments, as well as Splay Networks. This entertainment ecosystem includes the Viasat pay-TV operations, the Viaplay and Viafree streaming services, MTG’s free-TV channels and radio stations, 30 production companies and Splay’s social video and influencer networks.
The NENT Group leadership team was announced on 19 April and will be effective from 1 July. The Board of Directors of NENT Group is yet to be announced.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 107 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 81 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 67 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020