KUALA LUMPUR – Aspiring rappers and fans can now look forward to participating in iQiyi’s The Rap of China audition in Malaysia. The new reality show is set to showcase young contestants locked in rap battle in front of a panel of celebrity judges including China megastar Kris Wu.
For the first time, Malaysian rappers can audition for The Rap of China, and the winner of the Malaysia round will represent the country and rock the show’s stage. Aptly called The Rap of China Global Auditions, several sessions will be held in countries such as Australia and North America.
The Rap of China is available on Astro Quan Jia HD Channel 308 and on demand on Astro GO, starting in July.
“Our partnership with iQiyi is testament to our commitment towards enabling Malaysians to access to Chinese premium content at their convenience. We are delighted to host the audition in Malaysia in search of local rappers,” said Mr Wong Siah Ping, Astro’s Vice President for Chinese Customer Business.
For more information on the auditions and the show, viewers can visit www.xuan.rapofchina.com.my
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 42 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020