Al Jazeera and Prime Entertainment Group ink global deal
Prime Entertainment Group has signed a deal for its great current affairs documentary The President and the Dictator produced for France Television, LCP and Planète+ – with the show being acquired by the renowned 24h news channel Al Jazeera airing in Arabic language worldwide.
The President and the Dictator (1×52’) tells the detailed story of the relationship between the then president of France, Nicolas Sarkozy, and the Libyan politic man, Muammar Khadhafi, thanks to exclusive footage and interviews never seen before.
The show sheds the light on a political issue that has resurfaced today with Sarkozy being accused of illegally receiving 50 million euros in cash, of public Libyan money from the former Libyan leader.
David Freydt, Managing Director of Prime Entertainment Group said: “We are very pleased to start working with Al Jazeera for our current affairs and documentary shows. We share the vision of the channel for bringing informative content of quality to the viewers and it is a great satisfaction for us to see that the documentaries that we represent find their place among the top news and national television channels.”
Al Jazeera Media Network started out in 1996 as the first independent news channel in the Arab world dedicated to covering and uncovering stories in the region. It is now a media network consisting of over twenty channels including Al Jazeera Arabic, Al Jazeera English, AJ+, AJ+ Araby, Al Jazeera Balkans, Al Jazeera Mubasher, Al Jazeera Documentary and Al Jazeera Turk. The network also runs the Al Jazeera Media Training and Development Center and the Al Jazeera Center for Studies.
Today it is known as one of the world’s leading media corporations, encompassing news, documentary and children’s channels broadcasting to more than 310 million households in more than 100 countries. Its landmark documentary programs seek to engage, inform and inspire with a wide range of stories around the world.
The quality of its programs as well as its in-depth global approach to journalism, allied with a commitment to giving ‘voice to the voiceless’, has won it numerous awards and plaudits over the years.
For Prime Entertainment Group, its catalog has been successful among multiple news and documentary channels around the world including Russia today, Spiegel and Deutsche Welle in Germany, and Al Arabiya.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020