ABS-CBN still the Philippines’ top drama producer
According to multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media, ABS-CBN Corporation remains to be the Philippines’ top producer of television dramas after its primetime series Brothers and Bagani topped the list of the country’s most watched programs in May.
ABS-CBN also drew more viewers nationwide compared to other TV networks in the said month, hitting an average audience share of 45% versus GMA’s 32%.
Filipinos continue to follow the journey of Cardo Dalisay (Coco Martin) in the action drama Brothers, which registered an average national TV rating of 40.7%. It tells the story Cardo in his quest to avenge the death of his twin brother, Ador. Brothers, the most watched program in the Philippines, has been on air for more than two years now.
Meanwhile, Bagani continues to captivate viewers nationwide with the journey of five heroes in the mythical world of Sansinukob. With an average national TV rating of 32.4% for the month of May, the fantasy drama is also a consistent trending topic on social media and even made it to the top three list of most talked about Philippine dramas according to Twitter’s entertainment index for the first quarter of 2018.
Other ABS-CBN-produced programs on the top ten most watched list include the local adaptation of Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids (32.1%), drama anthology Remembering (28.7%), primetime newscast TV Patrol (28.1%), fantasy anthology Wansapanataym (24.4%), and situational comedy Home Sweetie Home (21.8%).
ABS-CBN’s content, popular for its heartfelt Filipino stories, is available across other territories through ABS-CBN International Distribution. It has been a premier source of Filipino programming in over 50 territories all over the world and has sold over 40,000 hours of content worldwide.
More information is available on ABS-CBN International Distribution’s official website http://internationalsales.abs-cbn.com.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020