SINGAPORE – The Asia TV Forum & Market and Perfect World Pictures have launched the ATF Chinese Pitch, a new pitching platform calling for innovative concepts for new and original scripts for the development of a theatrical or traditional movie, an online movie, and an online drama series.
This comes after a landmark deal signed by the two partners in search for new ideas for Chinese entertainment, and is in addition to ATF’s already successful formats pitch and animation pitch – both of which have garnered real results for the winners. One of whom is William Lim, Executive Producer at XTREME Media and winner of the inaugural ATF Formats Pitch competition in 2016. His winning format Hit It was commissioned by Mediacorp Suria.
“Each edition of ATF offers new content from and for the region and beyond. Nurturing Asian talent is top of mind for us, and we feel very privileged to have Perfect World Pictures join hands with us for another quality platform that will allow Asian content creators to put forth their best ideas and concepts to fruition in China,” said ATF’s Group Project Director Yeow Hui Leng
The ATF Chinese Pitch 2018 is touted as the premier Chinese pitching competition for creators and producers. This inaugural event and platform will serve to showcase the Asia’s verve and expose ideas for export and development in all Chinese-speaking territories.
The prize consists of an opportunity to have his/her script bought, collaborated on or have 3rd-party investors to greenlight the project. For those offered a straight up buyout, an amount of S$15,000 will be offered.
Finalists will be pitching their ideas in front of some of the industry’s most experienced professionals during ATF in December.
Perfect World Pictures CEO John Ho commented: “This unprecedented partnership reflects the shared cultural experiences that frame this new creative support, facilitating strategic business exchanges between China and the rest of Asia. I think bringing the best ideas from Asia into China is a natural surge, as the Chinese online streaming video market continues to grow and consumers are increasingly receptive to content diversity”.
Established in 2017, Perfect World Pictures Singapore is an entertainment company that caters to the production, distribution and marketing of film, television and online content, content related advertising, merchandising as well as events and talent management.
Perfect World Pictures will deliver content to China and International TV broadcasters and OTT platforms from 60 hours in 2018 to over 100 hours within the next 3 years, along with over 80 hours online movie and series in the next 5 years. The online series and movies will be of high production quality and budgeted in the range of S$1 million to S$2 million each.
The company also has strong ties with the OTT company likes of Tencent and iQiyi, and Broadcast Television Channel likes Jiangsu Television and Dongfang Television (Dragon Television).
Submissions for entry are open at chinesepitch.asiatvforum.com. ATF is co-located with Screen Singapore, and is part of the Singapore Media Festival.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 122 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021