9 Story Media appoints Angela C. Santomero as Chief Creative Officer
TORONTO – 9 Story Media Group has announced the appointment of Angela C. Santomero to the newly established role of Chief Creative Officer. As CCO, Santomero will report to President and CEO Vince Commisso, and lead the creative content strategy across all of 9 Story Media Group.
The appointment follows 9 Story’s recent acquisition of Out of the Blue Enterprises, which was co-founded by Santomero.
Angela Santomero is Creator, Executive Producer and Writer for award-winning kids and family high-profile brands including Blue’s Clues (Nick Jr.), Super Why! (PBS KIDS), Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood (PBS KIDS), Wishenpoof! (Amazon Studios), Creative Galaxy (Amazon Studios) and the new Charlie in Colorforms City (Netflix).
She is the recipient of the prestigious Peabody Award for Outstanding Children’s Programming as well as multiple gold and silver Parent’s Choice Awards; and has recently written a book, the #1 new release, Preschool Clues: Raising Smart, Inspired and Engaged Kids in a Screen-Filled World by Touchstone, Simon and Schuster.
“I am excited to welcome Angela to the 9 Story team,” said CEO Vince Commisso. “Angela is an absolute creative powerhouse with an unparalleled track record of creating hit kids shows. Our team has worked with Angela for many years on both Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and Creative Galaxy, both tremendously successful franchises. Her appointment signals our continued commitment to creating great content for kids and helps pave the way for future growth.”
With Santomero’s appointment, Out of the Blue will be rebranded 9 Story USA. The New York based creative studio will be the anchor of 9 Story’s creative development, formative research, and creative stewardship across current series. The studio will continue to be supported by key development staff and operations in Toronto and Dublin.
“I am thrilled to be broadening my creative vision in our New York studio where creative has always come first,” said Santomero. “With 9 Story’s global reach and commitment to quality, and our trusted approach, there is a tremendous opportunity to further enhance and grow an exceptional slate of original and enriching content that kids and families can feel good about. As Out of the Blue transitions to 9 Story USA, we will continue to work with our talented team in New York while we expand our creative vision worldwide.”
9 Story Media Group is a leading creator, producer and distributor of kids and family focused intellectual property. Its award-winning animation studio, Brown Bag Films, is recognized around the world for best-in-class brands such as Doc McStuffins, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Octonauts, Wild Kratts, Peter Rabbit and The Magic School Bus: Rides Again.
The company’s international distribution arm, 9 Story Distribution International based in Dublin, represents 2,700 half-hours of animated and live-action programming, seen on some of the most respected international channels and platforms. Its in-house consumer products division, 9 Story Brands, builds international entertainment brands for kids, with expertise across creative, brand marketing, and licensing.
With facilities in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester and New York, the 9 Story Media Group of companies employs over 600 creative and corporate staff.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 81 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 35 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 32 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 30 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020