CJ E&M’s New Food Variety Show recorded peak viewership rates
SEOUL, KOREA – Premiered on April, CJ E&M’s new food variety show Street Food Fighter recorded a peak viewership rate of 2.2% and had the highest viewership among ages 20 to 49 within cable programs in the same timeslot. Hosted by celebrity chef and restaurant franchise mogul Baek Jong-won, the program uncovers hidden street food trends around the world and unveils the story behind the food and culture.
In the first episode, Baek Jong-won roamed through the street corners of Cheongdu, China to reveal the secrets behind the unique spiciness of Sichuan style cuisine. From everyone’s all-time favorite dish Mapo Tofu to the comparatively unfamiliar Fei Chang Fen, Baek introduced a wide array of popular Sichuan style local street foods.
Producer Park Hee-yeon said, “Street Food Fighter will introduce intriguing stories behind the origins and traditions of different global street foods around the world” and she added, “Mr. Baek’s verbal depiction combined with the colorful footage will create an immersive experience for viewers as if they are actually experiencing the local atmosphere first hand.” This is the producer’s second project with Baek Jong-won after Mr. Baek the Homemade Food Master 3.
Meanwhile, Street Food Fighter airs on CJ E&M’s flagship channel tvN every Monday 23:00 (K.S.T.).
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020