Nippon TV Finalizes Deal with STB TV Channel For Hit Drama Series “Mother”
CANNES, FRANCE – On the first day of MIP-TV, Nippon Television Network Corporation (Nippon TV), the leading commercial broadcast network, production powerhouse in Japan, and ratings champion for four consecutive years, announced STB TV Channel has acquired the scripted format rights to their award-winning drama series Mother (11 x 60’) and will be remaking the series in either Ukrainian or Russian (to be announced shortly). The scripted format Mother has already been sold to South Korea (produced by CJ E&M and currently airing in Asia on tvN and selected for Canneseries at MIP-TV) and Turkey (produced by MF YAPIM and MEDYAPIM and became a mega hit on Star TV).
The deal marks the first time that a Japanese drama will be offered as a format in Ukraine. The announcement was made jointly today by Mr. Atsushi Hatayama, President of International Business Development for Nippon TV, and Ms. Ekaterina Shevelyuk, Head of Programming for STB.
“The TV series Mother has original ideas with unique hooks that resonate across society unconditional of mentality or language. Mother is a proven success concept by Nippon TV which has had a huge impact on viewers within Japan. STB is happy to build its adaptation upon the original concepts with a fresh and creative approach yet still maintaining all of the elements that would make audiences of Ukraine fall in love with the series,” commented Shevelyuk.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.2k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 68 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 51 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 43 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020