Nippon TV Finalizes Deal with STB TV Channel For Hit Drama Series “Mother”
CANNES, FRANCE – On the first day of MIP-TV, Nippon Television Network Corporation (Nippon TV), the leading commercial broadcast network, production powerhouse in Japan, and ratings champion for four consecutive years, announced STB TV Channel has acquired the scripted format rights to their award-winning drama series Mother (11 x 60’) and will be remaking the series in either Ukrainian or Russian (to be announced shortly). The scripted format Mother has already been sold to South Korea (produced by CJ E&M and currently airing in Asia on tvN and selected for Canneseries at MIP-TV) and Turkey (produced by MF YAPIM and MEDYAPIM and became a mega hit on Star TV).
The deal marks the first time that a Japanese drama will be offered as a format in Ukraine. The announcement was made jointly today by Mr. Atsushi Hatayama, President of International Business Development for Nippon TV, and Ms. Ekaterina Shevelyuk, Head of Programming for STB.
“The TV series Mother has original ideas with unique hooks that resonate across society unconditional of mentality or language. Mother is a proven success concept by Nippon TV which has had a huge impact on viewers within Japan. STB is happy to build its adaptation upon the original concepts with a fresh and creative approach yet still maintaining all of the elements that would make audiences of Ukraine fall in love with the series,” commented Shevelyuk.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 46 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020