PARIS – MIPTV announces the keynote speech by Yang Weidong, President of Youku, Alibaba Media & Entertainment Group. The flagship and leading global TV and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from 9-12 April 2018.
As part of MIPTV’s overall “Creators in Demand” conference theme, Yang Weidong’s keynote will outline the necessity of continuing to provide a bridge between the internet and broadcast channels, and the need to create qualitative, brand-defining content. He will also share his company’s international partnership strategy aimed at strengthening Youku’s position as a leading multi-screen entertainment and media platform in China.
Yang Weidong, President of Youku, Alibaba Media & Entertainment Group, has contributed to rebuilding the relationship between the internet and TV channels, and leading Chinese online video into the era of well-made content. He has promoted the “ecologicalisation” of cultural industries, the creation of “super series,” and the development of different types and brands of video. He was the first to put forward the model of integration of the “super variety show” and the internet variety show, and created the popular “MARS Intelligence Agency.” In his previous role as President of Tudou.com, he reshaped the company, turning it into a cultural brand among youth.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020