PARIS – MIPTV announces the keynote speech by Yang Weidong, President of Youku, Alibaba Media & Entertainment Group. The flagship and leading global TV and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from 9-12 April 2018.
As part of MIPTV’s overall “Creators in Demand” conference theme, Yang Weidong’s keynote will outline the necessity of continuing to provide a bridge between the internet and broadcast channels, and the need to create qualitative, brand-defining content. He will also share his company’s international partnership strategy aimed at strengthening Youku’s position as a leading multi-screen entertainment and media platform in China.
Yang Weidong, President of Youku, Alibaba Media & Entertainment Group, has contributed to rebuilding the relationship between the internet and TV channels, and leading Chinese online video into the era of well-made content. He has promoted the “ecologicalisation” of cultural industries, the creation of “super series,” and the development of different types and brands of video. He was the first to put forward the model of integration of the “super variety show” and the internet variety show, and created the popular “MARS Intelligence Agency.” In his previous role as President of Tudou.com, he reshaped the company, turning it into a cultural brand among youth.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 9.6k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 362 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 63 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’ 54 views | posted on October 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020