PCCW Global to construct undersea cable for Rodrigues
HONG KONG – PCCW Global, Hong Kong’s premier telecommunications service provider, has agreed with Mauritius Telecom to construct and maintain a high-speed submarine cable connecting the Indian Ocean Islands of Rodrigues and Mauritius which will vastly improve connectivity for Rodrigues.
PCCW Global will cooperate with Huawei Marine Networks to construct the Mauritius and Rodrigues Submarine Cable System (MARS), a 700km undersea cable with a bandwidth design capacity of 16Tbit/s. MARS will be ready for service in 2019 and PCCW Global will manage operation for the cable. With a population of approximately 40,000 people, Rodrigues is the second largest island in the Republic of Mauritius. The residents of Rodrigues will not only benefit from vastly improved bandwidth and connectivity once the new cable is live, but will also have access to a rich portfolio of digital applications, online services and content via PCCW Global’s international network.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 86 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 59 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 54 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Quintus Studios inks more factual acquisitions for its VOD channels 37 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020