MIPdrama Buyers’ Summit offers buyers exclusive first-look
PARIS – In parallel to the launch of the CANNESERIES international competition screenings, the MIPDrama Screenings have been revamped to become the MIPDrama Buyers’ Summit, offering buyers in Cannes an exclusive first-look at hot new drama.
The MIPDrama Buyers’ Summit takes place on Sunday 8 April in the Palais des Festival in Cannes, France, ahead of MIPTV, the flagship and leading global TV and digital content market, which runs 9-12 April 2018.
The MIPDrama Buyers’ Summit is designed to meet the growing international demand for high-end drama series and is focused on new trends and upcoming series in production. It will feature an exclusive first look at six new high-end drama series, selected for their writing and production values, originality and worldwide appeal, which will be screened to some 450 buyers and commissioners from around the world.
All six series are in the early stages of production and have never been presented at a festival or market prior to the MIPDrama Buyers’ Summit. The series are 100% financed and in their first season.
A conference session entitled “Fast Forward: Drama, the Viewer’s Story”, will also be presented by TAPE and Eurodata TV Worldwide. This exclusive presentation of qualitative and quantitative insights into drama themes and approaches that are resonating with audiences will explore what is driving viewer habits, and how behaviours are changing.
Buyers in Cannes will see 15-minute previews of the following six upcoming series:
Arctic Circle (Finland)
Production: Yellow Film & TV in co-production with Bavaria Fiction
Distribution: LAGARDERE STUDIOS DISTRIBUTION
Broadcaster: Elisa Viihde, YLE
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 41 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 39 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel 37 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020