MIPdrama Buyers’ Summit offers buyers exclusive first-look
PARIS – In parallel to the launch of the CANNESERIES international competition screenings, the MIPDrama Screenings have been revamped to become the MIPDrama Buyers’ Summit, offering buyers in Cannes an exclusive first-look at hot new drama.
The MIPDrama Buyers’ Summit takes place on Sunday 8 April in the Palais des Festival in Cannes, France, ahead of MIPTV, the flagship and leading global TV and digital content market, which runs 9-12 April 2018.
The MIPDrama Buyers’ Summit is designed to meet the growing international demand for high-end drama series and is focused on new trends and upcoming series in production. It will feature an exclusive first look at six new high-end drama series, selected for their writing and production values, originality and worldwide appeal, which will be screened to some 450 buyers and commissioners from around the world.
All six series are in the early stages of production and have never been presented at a festival or market prior to the MIPDrama Buyers’ Summit. The series are 100% financed and in their first season.
A conference session entitled “Fast Forward: Drama, the Viewer’s Story”, will also be presented by TAPE and Eurodata TV Worldwide. This exclusive presentation of qualitative and quantitative insights into drama themes and approaches that are resonating with audiences will explore what is driving viewer habits, and how behaviours are changing.
Buyers in Cannes will see 15-minute previews of the following six upcoming series:
Arctic Circle (Finland)
Production: Yellow Film & TV in co-production with Bavaria Fiction
Distribution: LAGARDERE STUDIOS DISTRIBUTION
Broadcaster: Elisa Viihde, YLE
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 131 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 114 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 101 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020