Mediaset launches three of its HD channels on HOTBIRD
PARIS – Elettronica Industriale, a subsidiary of the Italian group Mediaset, has signed a multi-year capacity agreement with Eutelsat to accelerate its transition to High Definition (HD).
Thanks to this contract, the three flagship channels of the Mediaset Group (Canale 5, Italia 1 and Rete 4) will be broadcast simultaneously in SD and HD on the free tivùsat television package operating from HOTBIRD, Eutelsat’s satellite hotspot for the Italian market.
Located at 13° East, the HOTBIRD position is a reference video neighbourhood in Italy, particularly suited to DTH. Out of a thousand channels being broadcast from this position, more than 300 are in HD.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 9.5k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 362 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 63 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’ 54 views | posted on October 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020