HONG KONG – Cartoon Network has announced its largest slate of content ever from a new wave of creators telling stories that are relevant and reflective of today’s kids. The network, which is seeing success in total consumption across its platforms, is also adding more than 30 new games and apps to its mobile and web portfolio that has over 200 million worldwide downloads and now includes a series of podcasts, VR and AR experiences.
Known for its immersive storytelling, Cartoon Network is introducing the next generation of creators with series including: Owen Dennis’ mysterious and magical adventure Infinity Train and Diego Molano’s Latin American supernatural comedy Victor and Valentino.
These new series will be joining Apple & Onion from George Gendi and Craig of The Creek by Matt Burnett and Ben Levin; Julia Pott’s Summer Camp Island bowing this summer in the US; and Unikitty!, the newest series produced by Warner Bros. Animation, and based on the beloved character from The LEGO® Movie.
- Apple & Onion – Apple and Onion, the eponymous characters of Cartoon Network’s newest buddy comedy created by George Gendi, madetheir debut in a limited run last month. The show stems from Cartoon Network’s global Artists Program and introduces best friends Apple and Onion who have decided to leave their hometowns to experience big city living.
- Craig of the Creek– Co-created by three-time Emmy-nominated Steven Universe writers Matt Burnett and Ben Levin, Craig of the Creek follows the precocious Craig as he leads his best friends J.P. and Kelsey on comical journeys at their neighborhood creek, transforming everyday afternoons into thrilling expeditions through imaginative play.
- Infinity Train– With a groundswell of fan support of the original short created through the Artist Program, this mystery adventure created by Owen Dennis follows a precocious young girl named Tulip who finds herself on a train full of infinite worlds and tries to find her way home. Infinity Train is slated to debut in 2019.
- Summer Camp Island – In this wildly imaginative series based on an original Cartoon Network short created by Julia Pott, Summer Camp Islandwill unfold the mysteries that Oscar and his best friend Hedgehog encounter at a magical summer camp. Having completed a momentous festival run that included Sundance Film Festival, the highly anticipated series will premiere in Asia Pacific next year.
- Victor and Valentino– Created by Diego Molano, this supernatural adventure comedyfollows two half-brothers who spend a summer with their grandma in Monte Macabre, a small and mysterious town, where the myths and legends of Latin American folklore come to life.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 47 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 33 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 31 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020