Nickelodeon launches new linear OTT streaming channel
TOKYO – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) has announced its additional Nickelodeon distribution deal with Hulu in Japan today, which sees the new Nickelodeon linear channel via ‘over-the-top’ (OTT) and mobile platforms in Japan. The channel goes live today on both Hulu in Japan and “dTV-ChannelTM” (an NTT DOCOMO INC’s service). This is the first time internationally Viacom has made a Nickelodeon-branded subscription TV channel available only via streaming services.
The newly packaged subscription-based 24/7 linear channel offers original programming for Japanese audiences and a range of iconic Nickelodeon animation titles including SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and new hits like Shimmer & Shine and Blaze and the Monster Machine.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 74 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 54 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 51 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 48 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020