Korean Odyssey maintains first place across all cable channels in South Korea
SEOUL, KOREA – CJ E&M’s recent hit fantasy drama ‘Korean Odyssey’ maintained its first-place position in its time slot across all cable channels in South Korea last week. Breaking down into the Seoul Capital Area, viewership rate among women in their 40s recorded a staggering average rate of 12.1% and a peak pf 13.6% (Nielson Korea), proving its strong popularity among female audiences.
‘Korean Odyssey’ is a modern illustration of the prominent Chinese classic tale Journey to the West. The story is based on a wily Monkey King Son O-Gong (played by Lee Seung-Gi) and his friend King Wooma (played by Cha Seung-Won) as the two thrive to find harmony in times of darkness. The romantic adventure and ghost hunting begins when Son meets Jin Sun-Mi (played by Oh Yeon-Seo) who is CEO of a real estate company.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 108 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 53 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 42 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020