Korean Odyssey maintains first place across all cable channels in South Korea
SEOUL, KOREA – CJ E&M’s recent hit fantasy drama ‘Korean Odyssey’ maintained its first-place position in its time slot across all cable channels in South Korea last week. Breaking down into the Seoul Capital Area, viewership rate among women in their 40s recorded a staggering average rate of 12.1% and a peak pf 13.6% (Nielson Korea), proving its strong popularity among female audiences.
‘Korean Odyssey’ is a modern illustration of the prominent Chinese classic tale Journey to the West. The story is based on a wily Monkey King Son O-Gong (played by Lee Seung-Gi) and his friend King Wooma (played by Cha Seung-Won) as the two thrive to find harmony in times of darkness. The romantic adventure and ghost hunting begins when Son meets Jin Sun-Mi (played by Oh Yeon-Seo) who is CEO of a real estate company.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 11k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 74 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020