Cartoon Network will offer an extensive line-up of new products in 2018 around tentpole franchises and hit series celebrating milestones all year long. New licensing partners will be introduced throughout the year for the upcoming 20th Anniversary of Cartoon Network’s The Powerpuff Girls, the network’s #1 global franchise and leading boys action brand Ben 10, and fan-favourite properties including Adventure Time, Steven Universe and We Bare Bears.
The announcement comes at the start of the North American International Toy Fair, an annual toy industry event held in New York City, where an assortment of the products will be on display from new and existing partners for the brands.
Cartoon Network debuted a fresh take on the beloved Ben 10 animated series in 2017, centred on fun-loving, 10-year-old Ben Tennyson. Since its debut, the series has delivered top ratings and the toy line from global master toy partner Playmates Toys was consistently a top-3 boys action figure SKU at Toys“R”Us throughout 2017 in the US. Ben’s newly Omni-Enhanced™ aliens debut in season 2 premiere across APAC soon. New Ben 10 licensing partners and partnership expansions include:
- Global master toy partner Playmates Toyswill expand its toy line in 2018 to include an all new assortment of action figures, feature-driven deluxe figures, Omnitrix-inspired role play and more.
- Rubiesis launching an assortment of Ben 10 dress up / role play outfits in late 2018 across all channels. Ben 10 Halloween costumes and accessories will also be available at specialty Halloween retailers and online starting August 2018.
- Toy Factorywill introduce a new collection of Ben 10 plush toys in March 2018 for outdoor and traveling amusement venues, as well as family entertainment centres.
The Powerpuff Girls celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2018, which will include a global rollout of new episodes, events and products that will continue into 2019. New licensing partners for The Powerpuff Girls include:
- The LEGO®Group will issue two new and exciting building sets featuring Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup allowing children, and fans of all ages, to recreate the superheroes’ action-packed adventures.
Cartoon Network will also expand the licensing programs around popular brands We Bare Bears, Steven Universe and Adventure Time. New partners include:
- Monogram Direct will launch We Bare Bears3D Foam Key Ring Blind Bags. Each blind bag comes with one randomly selected, highly-detailed 3D figural key ring of the beloved cartoon characters and the collection includes two harder-to-find chase figures.
- In May 2018, Tastemakers, LLCwill introduce Steven Universe Micro Pozers Series 1 – the first toy in the new category of Tactile Collectibles. These collectibles are bendable and have magnetic hands and feet!
- Kidrobotwill release its Adventure Time line items in April 2018, including Adventure Time Fresh 2 Death Mini Series and BMO Medium Figure.