SINGAPORE & MALAYSIA – tvN Asia 24-hour express drama Mother, premiered on tvN Asia in Singapore and Malaysia on 25 January (Thursday) at 21:45. The drama follows an unpredictable story of “mother-and-daughter” bonding between an elementary school teacher Soo-jin (Lee Bo-young) and her student Hye-na (Heo Yool).
Mother unfolds into three storylines represented by three pairs of mother and daughter. The leading character Soo-jin is a professional ornithology researcher who becomes an elementary school teacher by chance. Although seemingly indifferent to the students, she notices that one of her students, Hye-na, is different from others. Trying to turn a blind eye at first, Soo-jin gradually develops motherly compassion toward the abused Hye-na after further observation. In an attempt to save Hye-na from the plight, Soo-jin is determined to be her substitute mother and run away with her.
Apart from the fake maternal bond with her teacher, Hye-na is in a complicated and abusive relationship with her biological mother Ja-young (Ko Sung-hee). The selfish single-mother Ja-young tends to prioritize her own happiness over Hye-na’s and blames their miserable life on the kid. In order to maintain the relationship with her cruel and heartless live-in partner Seol-ak, Ja-young starts to abuse Hye-na. This pair draws keen attention to how they can overcome the predicament and recover happiness again.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 48 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020