Munich – Red Arrow International has secured a deal with Comedy Central to broadcast the adult animated comedy “The Cyanide and Happiness Show” (15 x half hour) across its Latin American channels. Produced by Studio71 and Explosm Entertainment, this wacky, weird and wildly funny show is based on the cult web comic, and has aired on NBC’s Seeso.
Studio71 is part of ProSiebenSat.1 Media, the same group as Red Arrow International’s parent company Red Arrow Entertainment Group.
Based on the long running and hugely successful web comic strip, this outrageously funny show evolved into a series of animated shorts that enjoyed YouTube hits of over 1.3 billion views and a roaring run on NBC’s Seeso platform. The show also won the Streamy Award for Best Animated Channel, Series or Show.
With a mantra to “extract the human excretion known as laughter from your face hole via fast-paced, weird comedy”, and featuring talking insects, cyborg warriors and comedy hot dogs, “The Cyanide & Happiness Show” is outlandish and hugely original.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020