In the 46th edition of the Clio Entertainment Award, Globo received the first Grand Clio in Entertainment granted to a Latin American company in what is today considered one of the most important creative communication festivals for the global entertainment industry. The award was given for the campaign ´Powered by Respect´ (Movido a Respeito), which had already won this year a Silver Lion for innovation at Cannes Lions, one of the most prestigious advertising festival in the world. The trophy coveted by major players such as movie studios, major television networks, producers of games, and agencies was granted last night (11/2), in a ceremony that packed the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, USA, presented by the North American actor Jeffrey Tambor.
In his acceptance speech of the Grand Clio, Sergio Valente, Globo’s Director of Communication, thanked the jury for the recognition of the campaign, which had the partnership of the Rodrigo Mendes Institute and aimed to show the importance of including people with disabilities in society. “We live in a huge country and have a large number of viewers. We cover 98% of Brazilian territory, reaching around 100 million people every day. That’s a lot of people! And a lot of responsibility”, he says, adding: “We are all experiencing difficult times, so respect is very important in Brazil, here, or anywhere else in the world.” On stage, together with two of the campaign’s creative professionals, Marcelo Felicio and Monica Tommasi, Sergio made it a point to thank everyone who was part of the work. “This was only possible thanks to the work of so many people. We are here today with more than 130 people. Thank you!”, he added, receiving a strong round of applause.
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 70 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 68 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 53 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 37 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020