Seoul –Asia’s leading content and media company CJ E&M continues to rack up the honors for its fresh and original contents. CJ E&M has been recognized with five nominations across a diverse range of categories at the 22nd Asian Television Awards 2017.
The pinnacle for recognizing excellence in television entertainment around the Asia-Pacific region, The Asian Television Awards revealed that CJ E&M titles were nominated for the following categories: Best Drama Series(Guardian: The Lonely and Great God), Best Music Programme(Golden Tambourine), Best Comedy Programme(SNL Korea S9), Best General Entertainment Programme(SNL Korea S9), and Best Adaptation of an Existing Format(SNL Korea S9). Winners will be announced on December 1st.
Nominated for Best Drama Series, ‘Guardian: The Lonely and Great God,’ a representative title of CJ E&M’s specialty in unique, never-seen-before genres, holds the title for #1 ratings in cable drama history, with an average rating of 20.5% and highest rating of 22.1% in Korea. The fantasy romantic comedy also had great success globally, signing with over 100 countries across Europe and the U.S.
‘Saturday Night Live Korea Season 9,’ nominated for three different categories, has been a big hit with its legendary hosts and comic sketches that create viral responses both on and offline. The South Korean late-night television sketch program not only showcases great chemistry with its studio audience but also with their 2.6+ million fans on Facebook. ‘Golden Tambourine‘ is one of the new additions to CJ E&M’s forte in music entertainment shows that is following in the footsteps of success with formats optioned to Thailand and Italy this year alone.
Last year, MAMA(Mnet Asian Music Awards) was crowned ‘Best Entertainment’ and music survival show ‘Produce 101’ was runner up for the ‘Best Music Program’ category.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 47 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020