Korea – Docs Port Incheon 2017, the Asian Documentary Project Market held for 4 days at the Olympos Hotel Incheon from November 2nd to 5th, ended in highly favourable attention from the professionals of the domestic and international documentary, broadcasting, and film industry. It began its 4-day journey with the opening ceremony on the 2nd, then ‘Asian Project Pitch,’ ‘Korean Project Pitch,’ and ‘Rough Cut Sales’ presentations followed. And 31 documentary projects from Korea and Asia were released.
The directors and producers of the projects continued with their passionate 15-minute pitch and Q & A with panels, who were from domestic and overseas investment firms, distribution companies, and broadcasting companies, and participated as the decision makers. A total of 366 individual meetings, a new record, were held during the business meeting session after the pitching, including on-site arrangements as well as the preliminary applications. This high increase in the number of meetings per project comparing to number of the last year’s 239 meetings confirmed that Docs Port Incheon has been growing and positioning itself as a significant market.
This year, a total of over 900 professionals from more than 100 companies and organizations including 70 leading decision makers of the film, broadcasting, and documentary have visited DPI from abroad and other cities in korea. The number of participants of the on-site programs such as Biz Talk and Pitching set the new record.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 62 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 58 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 56 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020