Los Angeles – WGN America announced that its recently acquired, thrilling crime drama, Bellevue, is slated to premiere on Tuesday January 23, 2018 at 10:00 p.m. ET / 9:00 p.m. CT. The network also released the series’ key art as well as a new first look trailer. The eight-episode, one-hour series stars Academy and Golden Globe winner Anna Paquin (“True Blood,” “Roots”) as Detective Annie Ryder, Shawn Doyle (“House of Cards,” “Fargo”) as Police Chief Peter Welland and Allen Leech (“Downton Abbey,” The Imitation Game) as Eddie Roe. Paquin also serves as an executive producer alongside co-creators and showrunners Jane Maggs (“The Offering”)and Adrienne Mitchell (“Bomb Girls,” “Durham County”), and executive producers Janis Lundman, Michael Prupas, Morwyn Brebner and Jesse Prupas. “Bellevue” is produced by Muse Entertainment and Back Alley Film Productions.
The gripping and eerie original series is set against the backdrop of a small town with big secrets. Twenty years ago, the murder of a young woman traumatized the community of “Bellevue.” Now, the killer is back. Or is he/she? When a high school hockey star, who is wrestling with his gender identity, goes missing and all signs point to foul play, Detective Annie Ryder (Anna Paquin) must unravel all the pieces to this gripping mystery before her own life falls apart. As the case pulls her further away from her family, she is also confronted by a mysterious person from her past with disturbing answers to lingering questions and a terrifying need to play mind games. Along the way, Annie must navigate a complicated relationship with her on again, off again ex, Eddie (Allen Leech) and her boss on the force, Chief Peter Welland (Shawn Doyle).
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 38 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 29 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020