Seoul / Singapore – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) announced the launch of the first BET Channel in Asia, through a partnership with SK Broadband (SK), a major Pay-TV operator in South Korea with 4.2 million subscribers. BET is currently viewed in more than 125 million homes in over 60 countries around the world, including the United States, the UK, France, Africa, Canada and the Caribbean. South Korea is the first Asia market to launch BET, the leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for people who want to know what’s hot, what’s next and what matters in urban black culture. Effective September 26th, BET is available on “B tv”, SK’s linear service as well as oksusu, SK’s over-the-top (OTT) streaming service. Subscribers will be able to enjoy multi-platform viewing with digital simulcast and catch-up TV options for selected programmes.
“The introduction of the BET Channel in Asia is a key step in strengthening our presence both in South Korea and in Asia, while expanding our portfolio of adult-targeted brands. It will not only add content diversity to Korean Pay-TV, but offer top-quality general entertainment, music and news for audiences interested in urban culture,” said Paras Sharma, Senior Vice President and General Manager for Southeast Asia & Head of Digital Media, Asia.
This year’s BET Awards 2017 marked the first time an Asian artist was nominated in the awards. South Korean hip hop rapper Changmo, was included in the “International Viewers’ Choice Award” category.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 32 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 31 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Abacus Media Rights to distribute the documentary ‘The Oratorio’ hosted by Martin Scorsese 24 views | posted on January 21, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020