Cannes, France & Tokyo, Japan – On the first day of MIPCOM, Nippon Television Network Corporation (Nippon TV), currently ranked as the #1 TV broadcaster in Japan for the past three consecutive years, announced that CJ E&M, Asia’s leading content and media company headquartered in Korea, has acquired the format rights to their award-winning drama series Mother (11 x 60’) and will be remaking the series in Korea.
The drama remake is set to air beginning January 2018 on CJ E&M’s general entertainment channel, tvN. The series, also titled Mother in Korean, will star the popular Korean actress Lee Bo Young and will be directed by Kim Chul Kyu, based on a script by Jeong Seo-Gyeong. The deal marks the first time that CJ E&M, known for their hit dramas and original content, will remake a Nippon TV drama. The announcement was made jointly today by Mr. Atsushi Hatayama, President of International Business Development for Nippon TV, and Mr. Jang-ho Seo, the General Manager of CJ E&M’s Global Content Business Division.
“Having announced last year our deal for the Turkish format of Mother (ANNE) which has been a ratings success in Turkey, it is an honour to be unveiling our new venture with CJ E&M for the Korean version of Mother. We are striving to continually advance Nippon TV’s positon in overseas markets and this deal, which we are confident will be a tremendous hit in Korea thanks to the great team at CJ E&M, is further evidence of our continued growth and expansion around the world, “commented Mr. Hatayama.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020