Inmarsat (ISAT.L) and Rolls-Royce (RR.L) have signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) to have the option to make the Rolls-Royce Energy Management system available via Inmarsat Maritime’s Fleet Xpress high-speed broadband service, to reduce energy consumption and support environmental compliance. With data collected from a multitude of ship control systems and equipment sensors, Energy Management 2.0 also benchmarks efficiency against historical performance.
Marco Camporeale, Rolls-Royce, Vice President, Intelligent Asset Management Solutions, commented “Monitoring ship fuel consumption and emissions is required by law in some areas and is also increasingly used in vessel selection criteria by charterers.
“Our Energy Management software quantifies the effects of optimising operational efficiency on costs and the true impact of enhancements as they are phased in. Fleet Xpress always-on connectivity and the potential for application-triggered bandwidth mean that data can be logged in real time, optimising the verifiable reporting capability already built in to Rolls-Royce Energy Management System software.”
Vessels equipped with Rolls-Royce Energy Management software can operate within the Inmarsat Certified Application Provider programme (CAP), connected via Fleet Xpress and hosted on the Inmarsat Gateway platform; and then be able to maximise their efficiency in a way that is constantly verifiable and compliant with European Union (EU) Monitoring Reporting and Verification and the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020