Golden Karavan launched as new OTT Production Entity
Los Angeles – Combining their backgrounds and respective strengths into a powerful new digital production company, top entertainment executives from the United States and India have announced the launch of Golden Karavan. The new Mumbai-based entity—set to create and finance a slate of original TV content over the next five years—is the vision of Jeff Sagansky and Florence Sloan of Goldenpeak Productions; Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment; and Apoorva Bakshi, Pooja Kohli and Sanjay Bachani of FilmKaravan Originals.
Golden Karavan is a first-of-its-kind, Indian-focused OTT television production company. With two productions greenlit and 10 more in active development, the outfit intends to create a steady supply of compelling, high-quality content from the region, targeting OTT and digital services including Netflix India and Amazon India.
By creating and packaging this content for exclusive license, Golden Karavan will provide a compelling answer to the emerging revolution in mobile and OTT/broadband delivery in India, servicing local language audiences with original programming.
“Given the access to broadband that is transforming the Indian media landscape, the timing is ideal to launch Golden Karavan, a studio that will provide provocative and high-end, Indian-themed content,” said Jeff Sagansky upon making the announcement. In 2015, Sagansky and his finance partner Harry Sloan invested in and took public on the NASDAQ Videocon d2h, India’s fastest growing satellite provider of pay TV. That company will merge with DISH TV later in the year to become the largest media company in India.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 342 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 84 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020