Fremantlemedia partners Zero Point Zero for Documentary Wasted
London –FremantleMedia International (FMI) has completed a global distribution deal (excluding the US) with Zero Point Zero for the compelling, powerful and iconic documentary, Wasted! The Story of Food Waste. Directed by Emmy Award-winning filmmakers Nari Kye and Anna Chai and presented by Emmy and Peabody Award-winning Anthony Bourdain, the 1 x 2 hr Rockefeller Foundation supported film exposes the immense magnitude of the food waste crisis and those working tirelessly to combat it.
Every year, one-third of the food grown for human consumption ends up in the garbage, at a cost of $218 billion – or 1.3 billion tons each year. In America, families throw away about 25% of the food and beverages they buy. Yet at the same time, 800 million people around the globe are starving. It’s a problem – but one with no shortage of solutions.
Wasted! The Story of Food Waste sheds light on this eye-opening issue in a bid to change the way people buy, cook and eat food forever. Through the eyes of culinary stars, Anthony Bourdain, Dan Barber, Mario Batali, Massimo Bottura, and Danny Bowien, audiences see how we can make the most of every kind of food, transforming what most people consider scraps and rejects into delicious dishes. Offering mouth-watering solutions to this huge global problem, these chef heroes demonstrate how any action — no matter how small — can lead to new ways of using more food, feeding more people, curbing environmental damage and ultimately improving the health and well-being of all citizens worldwide. Wasted! The Story of Food Waste showcases forward-thinking leaders who show how each of us can make small changes, to solve one of the greatest problems of the 21st Century.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 125 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021