Fremantlemedia partners Zero Point Zero for Documentary Wasted
London –FremantleMedia International (FMI) has completed a global distribution deal (excluding the US) with Zero Point Zero for the compelling, powerful and iconic documentary, Wasted! The Story of Food Waste. Directed by Emmy Award-winning filmmakers Nari Kye and Anna Chai and presented by Emmy and Peabody Award-winning Anthony Bourdain, the 1 x 2 hr Rockefeller Foundation supported film exposes the immense magnitude of the food waste crisis and those working tirelessly to combat it.
Every year, one-third of the food grown for human consumption ends up in the garbage, at a cost of $218 billion – or 1.3 billion tons each year. In America, families throw away about 25% of the food and beverages they buy. Yet at the same time, 800 million people around the globe are starving. It’s a problem – but one with no shortage of solutions.
Wasted! The Story of Food Waste sheds light on this eye-opening issue in a bid to change the way people buy, cook and eat food forever. Through the eyes of culinary stars, Anthony Bourdain, Dan Barber, Mario Batali, Massimo Bottura, and Danny Bowien, audiences see how we can make the most of every kind of food, transforming what most people consider scraps and rejects into delicious dishes. Offering mouth-watering solutions to this huge global problem, these chef heroes demonstrate how any action — no matter how small — can lead to new ways of using more food, feeding more people, curbing environmental damage and ultimately improving the health and well-being of all citizens worldwide. Wasted! The Story of Food Waste showcases forward-thinking leaders who show how each of us can make small changes, to solve one of the greatest problems of the 21st Century.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,434 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 95 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 93 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 69 views | posted on August 4, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020