Toronto, Canada– Boat Rocker Rights announced that Universal Kids has acquired the US linear rights to the international hit tween series, The Next Step. A single-camera, half-hour tween drama that follows the lives of a group of elite dancers, The Next Step has already garnered international acclaim and is broadcast in over 120 countries worldwide.
Universal Kids has acquired seasons 1 through 5 (154 x 30’ episodes) from Boat Rocker Rights and BBC Worldwide, along with a production partnership for the sixth season, currently in production. Season 6 (26 x 30’) will introduce fans to a talented new group of young dancers in addition to returning fan-favorites from previous seasons. Boat Rocker Rights will now distribute the series worldwide, starting with season 6 and beyond.
“We are thrilled to be working with Universal Kids on this incredible brand,” said Jon Rutherford, President of Boat Rocker Rights. “The Next Step has been such a strong global success story over the past five years and we are confident that in the skillful hands of the Universal Kids team, it will be an equally powerful brand in the US market.”
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020