TRACE, the leading media group in Africa, continues to invest in producing original content offering the best of afro-urban content and announces the release of a new music documentary: “Afrobeats, from Nigeria to the world”. The two-part music documentary ‘Afrobeats: From Nigeria to the world’ retraces the socio-economic, historical and musical aspects of the biggest African phenomenon of the past 50 years.
Afrobeats is a multifaceted style of music initiated by Nigerian legend Fela Kuti. Today, the modern term Afrobeats, refers to a sound that has been adopted around the world and gained a ubiquitous presence on the radio, TV, social media and digital platforms around the world.
Afrobeats has achieved mainstream success outside of Africa, with big names in the music industry such as Drake, Chris Brown, Alicia Keys, Jidenna, MHD, Booba, Maître Gims and Major Lazer collaborating with African superstars. Apart from this, new generation key players such as Wizkid, D’Banj & Tiwa Savage are signing international record deals.
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 68 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 60 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 52 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 36 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020