Paris – Sony Pictures Entertainment is inviting delegates at MIPCOM 2017 to an exclusive screening of the highly-anticipated, new drama series,“Counterpart,” an espionage series about a mysterious world hidden beneath the surface of our everyday existence. The global entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 16-19 October.
The “Counterpart” screening will take place in the Palais des Festivals on Sunday 15 October at 6:30pm, and will be open to all delegates. The screening will be followed by a panel discussion with the cast and producer of the show. In “Counterpart,” from MRC, Anonymous Content and Gilbert Films, Academy Award Winner JK Simmons (“Whiplash,” “La La Land,” the “Spider-Man” franchise) plays Howard Silk, a lowly cog in the bureaucratic machinery of a Berlin-based UN spy agency. When Howard discovers that his organization safeguards the secret of a crossing into a parallel dimension, he is thrust into a shadowy world of intrigue, danger, and double crossing… where the only man he can trust is “Prime” (also played by JK Simmons), his near-identical counterpart from this parallel world.
The series also stars Olivia Williams (“The Sixth Sense,” “Hyde Park on Hudson,” “Manhattan ”) as ‘Emily Burton Silk;’ Harry Lloyd (“The Theory of Everything,” “Jane Eyre,” “Manhattan”) as ‘Peter Quayle;’ Nazanin Boniadi (“Homeland,” “Ben-Hur,” “Hotel Mumbai”) as ‘Clare;’ Nicholas Pinnock (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marcella,” “A.D. The Bible Continues”) as ‘Ian Shaw;’ Sara Serraiocco (“Salvo,” “Cloro,” “Worldly Girl”) as ‘Baldwin’ and Ulrich Thomsen (“The Blacklist,” “Banshee”) as ‘Aldrich.’
Norwegian-born director Morten Tyldum, best known for his Oscar®-nominated work on “The Imitation Game” (2014), as well as for “Headhunters” (2011), and “Buddy” (2003), directed the first episode. Tyldum also directed Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt in the science fiction thriller film “Passengers.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020