Paris – Sony Pictures Entertainment is inviting delegates at MIPCOM 2017 to an exclusive screening of the highly-anticipated, new drama series,“Counterpart,” an espionage series about a mysterious world hidden beneath the surface of our everyday existence. The global entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France, from 16-19 October.
The “Counterpart” screening will take place in the Palais des Festivals on Sunday 15 October at 6:30pm, and will be open to all delegates. The screening will be followed by a panel discussion with the cast and producer of the show. In “Counterpart,” from MRC, Anonymous Content and Gilbert Films, Academy Award Winner JK Simmons (“Whiplash,” “La La Land,” the “Spider-Man” franchise) plays Howard Silk, a lowly cog in the bureaucratic machinery of a Berlin-based UN spy agency. When Howard discovers that his organization safeguards the secret of a crossing into a parallel dimension, he is thrust into a shadowy world of intrigue, danger, and double crossing… where the only man he can trust is “Prime” (also played by JK Simmons), his near-identical counterpart from this parallel world.
The series also stars Olivia Williams (“The Sixth Sense,” “Hyde Park on Hudson,” “Manhattan ”) as ‘Emily Burton Silk;’ Harry Lloyd (“The Theory of Everything,” “Jane Eyre,” “Manhattan”) as ‘Peter Quayle;’ Nazanin Boniadi (“Homeland,” “Ben-Hur,” “Hotel Mumbai”) as ‘Clare;’ Nicholas Pinnock (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marcella,” “A.D. The Bible Continues”) as ‘Ian Shaw;’ Sara Serraiocco (“Salvo,” “Cloro,” “Worldly Girl”) as ‘Baldwin’ and Ulrich Thomsen (“The Blacklist,” “Banshee”) as ‘Aldrich.’
Norwegian-born director Morten Tyldum, best known for his Oscar®-nominated work on “The Imitation Game” (2014), as well as for “Headhunters” (2011), and “Buddy” (2003), directed the first episode. Tyldum also directed Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt in the science fiction thriller film “Passengers.”
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 95 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 77 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 63 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Sky TV’s entertainment streaming service, Neon, introduces a revamped platform powered by Evergent 41 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020