Lac Hong University wins the ABU Robocon 2017 in Tokyo
Tokyo— This year’s ABU Asia-Pacific Robot Contest, which took place in Tokyo today, was won by a team from Vietnam’s Lac Hong University. ABU Robocon is an annual contest that brings together robots designed and built by selected teams of university students in the Asia-Pacific region. It started in 2002, and is also an international program co-production in which participating TV stations air highlights of the contest from the images provided by the host broadcaster.
This year, it brought together 19 teams from 18 countries and regions under theme “The Landing Disc” inspired by the traditional Japanese game of Tosenkyo, in which a folding fan is hurled at a target. In the contest, the teams had their robots throw and try to land polyurethane discs resembling folding fans on seven spots of differing heights.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,216 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 92 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 77 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 73 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020