London – Eutelsat Communications and V-Nova Ltd are unveiling at this year’s IBC a new satellite-delivered studio-quality HD contribution solution that for the first time offers broadcasters and video service providers a true alternative or back-up to fibre in terms of quality and bandwidth-efficiency.
The new solution leverages V-Nova’s PERSEUS Pro technology in order to replicate typical fibre-based video contribution links, including full colour resolution and individual frame compression, and combines them with satellite delivery that adds the benefits of ubiquity and flexibility. This allows broadcasters to contribute studio-quality feeds, essential to maintain pristine quality, and also to benefit from editing capabilities from any location. These features are combined with compression that enables 80 Mbps of HD 4:2:2 10 bit video feeds to be uplinked by off-the-shelf flyaway antennas and routed through a standard 36 MHz transponder on Eutelsat’s global satellite fleet.
Using recognised broadcast industry metrics and with independent third-party support, Eutelsat and V-Nova have completed an exhaustive quality assessment of PERSEUS Pro via Eutelsat satellite capacity versus reference compression standards normally used via fibre. The assessment validated the superior quality of PERSEUS versus legacy contribution codecs at rates typical of satellite delivery, completing previous assessments which had demonstrated an average 30% bandwidth gain of PERSEUS Pro versus JPEG2000.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 49 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020