AsiaSat and Milano Media Broadcast deliver Sophia TV Asia
Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat), Asia’s leading satellite operator has been selected by global satellite service provider Milano Media Broadcast (MMB) and its client ‘Sophia TV Asia’ to broadcast into the Asia-Pacific region on AsiaSat 5. ‘Sophia TV Asia’ is a new, independent, non-profit radio and television station that has enjoyed great popularity in Europe, Africa and South America.
With its service commencing free to air on AsiaSat 5 in C-band, ‘Sophia TV Asia’ has gained access to a massive audience of more than 800 million households via terrestrial networks, pay TV platforms or direct home reception in Asia and Australasia. MMB is supported by AsiaSat’s satellite capacity and distribution, enabling audiences in the AsiaPacific to enjoy ‘Sophia TV Asia’, which features ethically-oriented roundtable discussions and talks, vegetarian cooking classes, children’s programs, nature documentaries, as well as readings, meditation, relaxation music and classical concerts.
“Our program content deals with the most diverse spheres of life from the perspective of high ethical moral, given for the peoples of all cultures. We are very pleased to have first-rate distribution service from MMB and AsiaSat, making our content widely accessible by TV networks and audiences across the Asia-Pacific,” Stefano Delù, Legal Representative of Sophia TV Asia.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 45 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 45 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 42 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020