AsiaSat and Milano Media Broadcast deliver Sophia TV Asia
Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat), Asia’s leading satellite operator has been selected by global satellite service provider Milano Media Broadcast (MMB) and its client ‘Sophia TV Asia’ to broadcast into the Asia-Pacific region on AsiaSat 5. ‘Sophia TV Asia’ is a new, independent, non-profit radio and television station that has enjoyed great popularity in Europe, Africa and South America.
With its service commencing free to air on AsiaSat 5 in C-band, ‘Sophia TV Asia’ has gained access to a massive audience of more than 800 million households via terrestrial networks, pay TV platforms or direct home reception in Asia and Australasia. MMB is supported by AsiaSat’s satellite capacity and distribution, enabling audiences in the AsiaPacific to enjoy ‘Sophia TV Asia’, which features ethically-oriented roundtable discussions and talks, vegetarian cooking classes, children’s programs, nature documentaries, as well as readings, meditation, relaxation music and classical concerts.
“Our program content deals with the most diverse spheres of life from the perspective of high ethical moral, given for the peoples of all cultures. We are very pleased to have first-rate distribution service from MMB and AsiaSat, making our content widely accessible by TV networks and audiences across the Asia-Pacific,” Stefano Delù, Legal Representative of Sophia TV Asia.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 251 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 80 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 78 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021