Santa Monica, CA– Global content leader Lionsgate has licensed Candy Crush to Dubai-based Eagle Films, it was announced by Peter Iacono, Lionsgate’s President of International Television and Digital Distribution.
In an agreement brokered by Lionsgate’s Ted Bookstaver, SVP of Alternative Programming Sales, the new gameshow format will be adapted for the Middle East and North Africa “MENA” region and produced by Beelink Productions. The [13×60] Arabic language version of Candy Crush is expected to go into production later this year.
Peter Iacono commented, “With over one trillion game rounds played since launch*, Candy Crush is one of the world’s most iconic mobile games. Fans are avid players and are extremely excited to have a live action TV gameshow to watch as they play at home. We are proud to announce Eagle Films & Beelink as our first international partners and expect to announce many international adaptations to be produced in the coming months.”
Jamal Sannan, CEO of Eagle Films, said, “Following 15 years of successful collaboration with Lionsgate, we are looking forward to working together again to bring a brand new TV gaming experience to our viewers, which we are confident will set a new standard in game show production values.”
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020