Singapore– Fox Sports Asia, the Home of the Grand Slams, concluded another successful broadcast of Wimbledon. This year’s tournament’s broadcast on Fox Sports and Fox Sports 2 reached more than 7.7 million fans in Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Wimbledon’s strong appeal helped cement Fox Sports once again as the number 1 rated sports channel during the tournament period in metered markets. Most notably, the Gentlemen’s Singles Final, which saw Roger Federer capture his record 8th Wimbledon singles title, drew 1.9 million viewers with an average viewership time of 53 minutes, making it the most-watched sports event on Pay TV during the tournament period.
Overall, average time spent watching live matches during the tournament increased substantially to 49 minutes, a 33% increase from 2016. More fans than ever also engaged with specially-curated Wimbledon video content on the Fox Sports digital platform, which generated more than 5 million impressions.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020