The Wiggles storm North America with new broadcast agreements
Sydney, Australia– ABC Commercial today announced it has reached new broadcast agreements with Sprout, the US preschool destination within NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment’s Universal Kids network, and Corus Entertainment’s Canadian cable network Treehouse for a range of new television content from celebrated Australian children’s entertainment group The Wiggles.
The separate, multi-year license agreements give each partner the broadcast rights to a diverse collection of content from The Wiggles’ television catalogue, including both seasons of their hit TV series Ready, Steady, Wiggle! and the rights to the premiere of the group’s upcoming series Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle. Sprout and Treehouse will also have exclusive rights to countless studio-recorded specials from The Wiggles’ extensive back-catalogue, including The Wiggles Meet the Orchestra, Taking Off!, Rock and Roll Preschool, Apples & Bananas and more, totalling over 60 hours of content across each network.
With Sprout currently available in 58 million homes in the US and Treehouse watched in over 6.2 million households throughout Canada, the signing of these two new agreements means The Wiggles’ award-winning content will soon be available to watch in over 64 million homes across North America.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 67 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020