London/ Reykjavik –Buccaneer Media, producer of hit drama Marcella announces it has signed an agreement with internationally-renowned TV and film director Baltasar Kormákur and his production company RVK Studios to create an English language dramatisation of one of Iceland’s most mysterious murder investigations.
John Brownlow, whose credits include The Miniaturist for BBC One, Fleming for Sky Atlantic and feature film Sylvia is attached as writer for The Reykjavik Confessions. The Reykjavik Confessions is based on the controversial 1974 case where two men vanished in the barren outskirts of Iceland’s capital Reykjavik, ten months apart. Their disappearances triggered a national double murder investigation, their bodies never found.
After 6 months unsuccessfully trying to pin the murders on six young suspects, Icelandic police flew in so-called super cop Karl Schutz to tie up the case. Schutz was renowned within international police circles for ‘cracking’ the infamous West German terrorist cell the Baader Meinhof gang.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020