Bermuda and Hong Kong – ABS announced a strategic partnership with one of the largest telecommunications operators in SE Asia for the delivery of 500Mbps of IP backbone services on ABS-2 at 75°E.
“ABS is proud to be awarded this contract with one of the largest telecom operators in Southeast Asia for expansion IP backbone capacity. At half a gigabit per second, it represents a significant milestone for ABS for the delivery of GEO-based connectivity services. We strive to guarantee both affordability and fiber-like reliability,” Tom Choi stated.
“Our partner had previously been using a non-GEO Ka-Band solution. ABS had heard numerous complaints from end-users in the market who could no longer tolerate the frequent outages and downtimes associated with non-GEO Ka-band backbone networks. We have the experience and a proven track record of delivering reliable, multi-gigabits of capacity to customers in the Asia Pacific to Africa regions. Despite all the recent LEO/MEO & Ka/V-band buzz in the market, ABS continues to demonstrate that traditional GEO-based C & Ku-band services provide the necessary high capacity delivered at affordable pricing with simple and low-cost user terminals. We expect to win many more contracts for replacement and expansion capacity from dis-satisfied customers of the NGSO hype.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020